Posts tagged with harlem living.
just witnessed a stop and frisk and I feel sick.
omg my neighbors play the best 90’s jamz during weekdays!
I get that most of the units in my building probably pull on average $500/month in rent. But I’m so annoyed with my building manager right now.
- He doesn’t invoice me consistently for monthly rent (if they’re not going to invoice me, then change the system, but when I signed my lease I was told I’d be invoiced via email and expected to pay within the first ten days of the month)
- An invoice for overdue rent was slipped under my door today for twice my current rent (impossible, since my rent just went up $50 this month, so even if I hadn’t paid last month, the balance couldn’t just be double my current rent)
- SOMEONE ELSE’S invoice was ALSO slipped under my door. Like. I don’t even know what to say about that.
I get that it’s kind of a thankless job managing rental properties, and not very glamorous or fun. But how much do you have to not give a shit about your job to just slip two envelopes with different addresses under the same door (not just an accident, since it’s happened more than once before).
Yesterday was p terrible but at least at the end of today is the weekend.
Also today I was woken up by my neighbor blasting KC and JoJo? So there’s that.
Okay time for a 12-hour day.
Thanks to one of my neighbors, I’m going to learn through osmosis every single word in Christina Aguilera’s Stripped.
neighbors had a super bowl party. it’s now spilled out into the hall.
welp. no sleep for erin tonight.
this is evening is full of laundry and grocery shopping
the only activities that make me hate living in NYC.
I wish I had a mic that would pick up the telephone conversations that 5F has
because jesus christ is it hilarious.
I don’t think I’ve ever been this poor.
man I want to buy christmas presents for people and I can’t and it is DEPRESSING.
Can I just hibernate until Jan 1?
- drunk man in puffy coat: you in a hurry?
- me: i'm sorry can i help you?
- dmipc: i just wanted to see if you wanted to take a walk or go somewhere.
- me: yeah, i don't think so...
today my friend Christopher is coming into the city.
So I’m gonna go watch Parks and Rec while I do my hair and then head to midtown to buy my GRE prep book and walk around / try to figure out where he wants to meet up.
THEN we’re going to get DINNER.
welp, friends I’m off!
bonus: tonight was the first night cool enough to pull out my raspberry members only jacket. hooray!