just witnessed a stop and frisk and I feel sick.
a person like me doesn't have the good things and she doesn't have the bad things, but she doesn't have the good things
omg my neighbors play the best 90’s jamz during weekdays!
Wishing everyone patience at the polls today. I know I’ve needed it this morning.
I get that most of the units in my building probably pull on average $500/month in rent. But I’m so annoyed with my building manager right now.
- He doesn’t invoice me consistently for monthly rent (if they’re not going to invoice me, then change the system, but when I signed my lease I was told I’d be invoiced via email and expected to pay within the first ten days of the month)
- An invoice for overdue rent was slipped under my door today for twice my current rent (impossible, since my rent just went up $50 this month, so even if I hadn’t paid last month, the balance couldn’t just be double my current rent)
- SOMEONE ELSE’S invoice was ALSO slipped under my door. Like. I don’t even know what to say about that.
I get that it’s kind of a thankless job managing rental properties, and not very glamorous or fun. But how much do you have to not give a shit about your job to just slip two envelopes with different addresses under the same door (not just an accident, since it’s happened more than once before).
Yesterday was p terrible but at least at the end of today is the weekend.
Also today I was woken up by my neighbor blasting KC and JoJo? So there’s that.
Okay time for a 12-hour day.
Must be Saturday night in Harlem.
Thanks to one of my neighbors, I’m going to learn through osmosis every single word in Christina Aguilera’s Stripped.
welp. no sleep for erin tonight.
the only activities that make me hate living in NYC.
because jesus christ is it hilarious.
man I want to buy christmas presents for people and I can’t and it is DEPRESSING.
Can I just hibernate until Jan 1?
- drunk man in puffy coat: you in a hurry?
- me: i'm sorry can i help you?
- dmipc: i just wanted to see if you wanted to take a walk or go somewhere.
- me: yeah, i don't think so...
So I’m gonna go watch Parks and Rec while I do my hair and then head to midtown to buy my GRE prep book and walk around / try to figure out where he wants to meet up.
THEN we’re going to get DINNER.